Myanmar 2013 - Moving from a Cash to a Banked Economy 2013-07-17
Moving from a Cash to a Banked Economy
With less than one-fifth of Myanmar's population using formal financial services, how can the country build the foundations of an inclusive and robust financial system?
Dimensions to be addressed:
- Deepening and broadening access to capital and financial services - Addressing risks and fighting corruption
- Providing incentives for low-income bank accounts
• Florencio B. Abad, Secretary of Budget and Management of the Philippines
• Jon Fredrik Baksaas, President and Chief Executive Officer, Telenor Group,
• Peter Maher, Group Country Manager, Southeast Asia, Visa, Singapore
• Teeranun Srihong, Co-President, Kasikornbank Public Company, Thailand
• U Win Shein, Union Minister of Finance and Revenue of Myanmar
• Jaspal S. Bindra, Group Executive Director and Chief Executive Officer, Asia,
Standard Chartered, Hong Kong SAR
• Thura Ko, Managing Director, YGA Capital Limited, Myanmar; Young Global
Did You Know?
Myanmar is the lingua franca. English is widely understood in cities like Yangon, Mandalay , Bagan, etc., Cantonese, Flukiness and Mandarin can also be used in the business circles here. ... More