Invest in Myanmar - For Investors Seeking Opportunities in Myanmar
Follow:
Invest Myanmar - The Myanmar Investment Gateway
NEWS BY TOPIC
General Information about Myanmar (1)
Business (131)
FDI in Myanmar (45)
Investments (59)
Macroeconomic Data (4)
Infrastructure (4)
Financial (17)
Economy (37)
Construction (1)
Politics (29)
Real Estate (1)
Investment Legislation (3)
Sports (1)
NEWS BY SECTOR
Telecommunications (27)
Law (14)
Infrastructure (20)
Education (2)
Banking (19)
Jewellery (1)
Stock Market (2)
Agriculture (35)
Real Estate (22)
Mining and Exploration (10)
Construction (29)
Energy (47)
Textile and Fashion (10)
Tourism (23)
Information Technology (11)
Food and Beverage (13)
Electronics (3)
Waste Management (1)
Automotive (9)
Logistics (4)
Renewable Energy (0)

PTTEP hits gas in Burma

PTTEP HITS GAS IN BURMA
Date: 23/08/2013
Source: Upstream
PTTEP hits gas in Burma

Thai company drills three successful offshore gas appraisal wells on Aung Sinkha discovery
PTT Exploration & Production (PTTEP) has drilled three successful offshore gas appraisal wells on the Aung Sinkha discovery in Block M3 off Burma.

The Thai company said the Aung Sinkha-3 well flowed at a rate of 34.5 million cubic feet per day with associated condensate of 195 barrels per day.

The Aung Sinkha-5 well flowed at 9 MMcfd, while the Aung Sinkha-6 well flowed at 14 MMcfd plus associated condensate of 1820 bpd.

A fourth well called Aung Sinkha-4 hit gas but was unable to be tested because the equipment necessary for acidising limestone reservoirs could not be prepared, said PTTEP.

The company said it plans to drill more appraisal wells in 2014 on the Aung Sinkha field.

It is understood the wells were drilled using the jack-up Hercules 208.

Early engineering for a field development project in Block M3 have centered on a concept similar to the Zawtika project in Burma, which PTTEP is currently developing for first gas in late 2013.

This is likely to comprise a shallow-water fixed processing platform connected via a subsea pipeline to shore.

PTTEP owns an 80% operating interest in Block M3 with Mitsui Oil Exploration holding the remaining 20%.


Topic: Business
Did You Know?
Bargaining is an art long practiced in Asian countries including Myanmar . So feel free to ask for a proper discount when shopping in places where prices are not marked. Be careful in dealing with sidewalk vendors who... ... More

Featured news story
ANALYSIS: Foreign Investors In Myanmar Can Help Lift The Nation Out Of Its Economic and Political Strife
ANALYSIS: Foreign Investors In Myanmar Can Help Lift The Nation Out Of Its Economic and Political Strife

Featured Video
Myanmar not ready to deal with huge influx of tourists: industry players - Invest Myanmar.biz video
Myanmar not ready to deal with huge influx of tourists: industry players

COUNTRY SNAPSHOT
GDP 2010 USD 45.4 B
GDP 2012 USD 54.0 B
Inflation 9.13 %
Unemployment Approx. 35%
GDP growth 2011 5.5 %
FDI 2011 USD 1.05 B
Today on Invest Myanmar
Member Companies: 82
News Stories: 341
Myanmar Videos: 59
Interesting Facts: 29
Factsheets: 9
 © Copyrighted 2012 Invest Myanmar.biz. All rights reserved.  

 
Please read Conditions of Use, Copyright Statement and Privacy Policy for this web page and web site.



Crafted by Sofia Web Works®, an Invest Bulgaria company | Turkish Fashion