Myanmar 2013 - Chasing the Next Big Idea 2013-07-17
As the world looks to East Asia for resilient growth and new models of regional integration, what lessons of leadership and innovation are coming out of the region?
Dimensions to be addressed:
- Investing in smart infrastructure of the future
- Moving beyond low-cost manufacturing and up the value chain
- Prioritizing goals of social equity in the development agenda
- Achieving macroeconomic stability and responding to global financial shocks
• Fazle Hasan Abed, Founder and Chairperson, BRAC, Bangladesh; Social Entrepreneur; Global Agenda Council on the Role of Civil Society
• Tony Blair, Middle East Quartet Representative
• Do Hang, General Manager, iVIVU.com, Vietnam
• Haider Rashid, Regional President, South Asia, ABB, Singapore
• April Rinne, Chief Strategy Officer, Collaborative Lab, USA; Young Global Leader
• Heizo Takenaka, Director, Global Security Research Institute, Keio University,
Japan; World Economic Forum Foundation Board Member; Global Agenda Council on Japan
• Gary Coleman, Managing Director, Global Industries, Deloitte, USA
Did You Know?
Myanmar has three main seasons, hot season (March to May), rainy season (June to October) and cold season (November to February).